Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Can you say Turkey Trot?








The big kids had their turkey trot today. It was a grueling 2 miles but the weather was perfect for the race. Jonah placed 6th and Chloe was 10th! I am pretty proud of them both. Jonah has been waking up early twice a week for running club and I think it paid off. Chloe went in there cold turkey and still got in the top 10 for her age/gender! That's not bad considering there are at least 100 kids in each of their grades!

Last year I did the Austin Turkey trot which is a 5 miler with many hills. It was fun but I think this year I will have my own Turkey trot and just run the 5 miles around my house. The thought of getting up at 5am to stand in the frigid weather doesn't sound appealing to me this year.

Five miles means I can eat 500 extra calories Thursday. Not sure if it will do much good since the average T-day meal comes in around 4000 calories! Yep, that's not a typo this time, it really says 4000. Then add to that our anniversary meal the day before and Raita's birthday meal/cake the day after and I should really be running a marathon, not some measly 5 miler.

1 comment:

mfetrader said...

I really like the idea of the kids and the run thing.. I bet it was nothing for them really. They probably run about that much in a normal day anyway. I'm proud of them for doing this. I love these kids and miss them.
The thing I don't want to know is how many calories the turkey dinner has.. eek.. I guess I need to run too.. or walk a very long ways.. LOVE!