Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Oregon Zoo











The first day of our Oregon trip, the kids and I headed over to the Zoo.  This is such a great zoo, you don't really appreciate it when you live here.  The kids had been away for such a long time that they kept commenting on how awesome the zoo was! 

It was overcast and drizzling but what a reprieve from the 100 degree weather in Austin..  I was happy to be out in the cool wet weather enjoying my kids' delight in the animals.  

We went extra early right when it opened at 8:00.  Many of the animals were pacing waiting for their food.  We saw many get their morning meals.  The otters were so cute and man are they smart, doing more tricks than Suki!

And the bird show is always a must.  I swear one of the birds buzzed me so close that it's wing tip grazed my hair.


No comments: