Tuesday, August 26, 2008

First day of School! Here's Chloe at her desk.



Yep, I dropped the big kids off at school this morning at 7:30 sharp. I am sure they were thinking, "don't let the door hit you in the ass." Freya and I have had a fun relaxing day. First we went to the store to pick up a few needed items. So nice to shop with ONE child. We came home after the shopping trip and made some cookies, hung some clothes to dry and then went for a dip in the pool. Freya is reveling in her alone time with mama. She has unexpectedly gone off and played by herself through out the day.

Here is the lunch I made today. I have been wanting to do these hot dog octopuses for ever. I finally got around to it and decided to make Muffin Tin Monday's lunch with a sea theme. Muffin Tin Mondays



From left to right: veggie stick trees, hummus beach, goldfish (couldn't pass up), hot dog octopuses with olive eyes, olive life preservers and finally a raft cut from a hot dog bun with pretzel stick oars. Had I planned for this I would have made some blueberry juice knox blox as water.

I put the same things in the big kid's lunches as well. Once the other 4th grade boys see my son's hot dog octopuses, it pretty much guarantees he will get his ass kicked on the first day of school.

Look, no kicked ass. He's the one with the grumpy face and red folder:

No comments: