Thursday, October 16, 2008

Update on the Tooth fairy situation



If you remember back here about my son hording his teeth, you know that he has had a plan. He told me he put his teeth under the pillow weeks ago (without saying anything to me). He went on to tell me that he knew I was the tooth fairy because he saw me come and put the money under his pillow the last time he lost a tooth.

We are all sitting in the car together, my 7 year old and 3 year old are listening intently.

He keeps pressing me to "admit it" and "tell the truth." I am increasingly becoming nervous because he was not going to let it drop.

Finally, Chloe yells, "NO! The tooth fairy dresses up like one of our parents so that the kids don't get scared by someone else showing up in their room in the middle of the night!"

Jonah, "no, that's not true, it was Mom."

Chloe, "it is true, I have it in writing. I read it in a book!"

Jonah decided to leave it at that and I didn't even have to say a word. Thank goodness for seven year old girls.

No comments: